What will we cover?
We start by looking at what we understand by branding, carefully distinguishing it from
visual identity. We then turn to the Wild West (!) to understand why branding matters, how
it works, and the different components.
We then discuss how to build, or improve, your own brand. A good place to start is with the
work of Simon Sinek and identifying your ‘what’, ‘how’, and ‘why’.
At this point, we contrast brand preference and brand relevance – arguing that the latter
offers a more sustainable route for most SMEs.
It’s then time for a deep dive, using a model proven to help growing firms revisit their
Some of us have more than one brand, of course, so we end by thinking about how these
relate to each other and the pros and cons of linking them.
What will I learn?
• what branding is and why it is far more fundamental than visual identity
• the reasons why branding is so important to your business
• how branding works and the best way to map touchpoints
• the best way to manage a portfolio of brands in your business
• the importance of discovering your why, how, and what
• a proven method to build, or enhance, your brand
• how to distinguish brand preference and brand relevance (and which is better).
Who should attend?
Any entrepreneur, director, or manager who needs to build, or enhance, their brand.
The course consists of pre-recorded material, which you can work through at your own pace, followed by a live two hour webinar to apply what you’ve learned to your own business.