Following Great Britain leaving the EU on the 1st January 2021, new regulations and paperwork will affect Food and Drink businesses that trade within the EU.
This 1-hour webinar is designed to help small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in the food and drink sector to understand the new regulations and paperwork and highlight the implications for EU workers.
The session will answer commonly asked questions and will cover:
- Change on labelling
- Increased production and sanitary standards
- Removal or reduction in tariff-rate quotas
- Non-tariff barriers that hinder access to EU food and drink sector
- Placing goods on the EU market (sample testing, additional certification)
- NI protocol complications
- The divergence between UK and EU regulations around consumer protection, environmental standards, or health and safety.
Finally, the webinar will address how the UK companies will trade under a new Free Trade Agreement or World Trade Organisations rules announced.
Should you have any questions ahead of the event, please contact our Events and Engagement Officer Samantha Hunter, Samantha.Hunter@semlep.com.