Growth Curve is an intensive and interactive leadership development workshop for business owners. During the programme, you will explore and develop the essential skills needed to create and implement business plans and achieve personal growth as a business leader.
After an initial one-to-one diagnostic meeting to look at where your business was before this pandemic and understand how it has been affected, you will have the opportunity to join a University masterclass.
These masterclasses will help you come up with strategies to stabilise your business, identify your priorities and objectives, and put yourself in the best possible position to achieve future growth.
Over a series of intensive, interactive masterclass sessions in partnership with the University of Northamptonshire, you will cover:
- A full day of delving into leadership, what it is and what it isn’t.
- You’ll start off by setting objectives, followed by a group discussion on the ‘why’ ofleadership. This will be followed up by a reflection on leadership and the business owner.
- After a break, you will then focus on decoding the myths of leadership.
- Session two will start with a review of the evening work set during the previous session.
- You’ll then do some work to understand your own leadership style and how youapproach conflict and change.
- After the break, you will engage in a leadership skills exchange focusing on communication and planning
- This session will begin with the presentation on defining your leadership brand set at the end of the last session, followed by feedback.
- You’ll then focus on how to lead others, including developing, motivating, and engaging your team.
- The masterclasses will conclude by consolidating what you’ve learnt and planning some actions for the future
Session one | Tuesday 20 April 2021 | 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Session two | Wednesday 21 April | 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Session three | Thursday 29 April | 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Delivered by: Clare Allen, FCIPD, Lecturer in HRM and Organisational Behaviour
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to look at your business from different angles to gain insights into your growth challenges.
- See how other businesses are overcoming their challenges, and learn how you could apply similar solutions.
- Learn new ways of working to better lead yourself and your team.
- Discover how to develop an action plan to address the most urgent and important issues facing your business.
- Network with like-minded people who can be a source of energy, support and guidance.
To apply to join this programme, you need to:
- Have a business based in the South East Midlands
- Have between 3 and 250 employees.
- Current annual turnover of £200,000 with projected 20% annual growth minimum.
- Be experiencing or projecting high growth in the next 2-3 years.
We are aware in this current environment, the opportunity to project and plan high growth is difficult. We would like to still hear from business owners running a business that fit the eligibility previous to the coronavirus difficulties. *Growth Curve is suitable for most business sectors however due to funding criteria, there are some ineligible sectors. Our team can let you know if you are eligible for the programme or other support, either offered by us or partner organisations.
Further information on how to access the sessions will be sent once you have registered your details.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Events and Engagement Officer, Samantha Hunter: Samantha.Hunter@semlep.com