Global electricity systems are undergoing a once in a century energy revolution. What are the opportunities for the Oxford-Cambridge Arc?
About this Event
Global electricity systems are undergoing a once in a century energy revolution, driven by renewables, electric vehicles and electrification of heat and power. This online event aims to showcase the energy innovations, pilots and approaches across the Arc as well as highlighting challenges and opportunities that a global energy revolution presents to the area.
The discussion comes at a time when the Arc Leadership Group, together with the Arc Universities Group is working with Government, business and our communities to define ambitious levels of sustainable economic growth. The changing energy systems will underpin much of this.
Industry showcase: You'll get to see behind the scenes of some of the Arc's exciting energy developments including Chelveston Renewable Energy and Innovation Park. You'll hear about this development's combined on-site energy solutions, their plan to rise to 185,000 MWH generated, enough to supply 24,000 homes in renewable energy; more about their battery storage technologies and the next stage in hydrogen production and what it's used for.
During the event, our panel of energy experts be talking about and taking questions on:
- How the energy revolution is affecting the Oxford-Cambridge Arc region already.
- How the region can maximise the economic and environmental benefits of innovation in energy systems
- How we can start to unpack what is possible now? In 5 years? Over the next generation?
- How the Arc can coordinate action to maximise impact
- What this will take from the Arc partnership?