What will we cover?
The course starts by looking at the difference between sales and marketing. What’s the difference between Business-to-Business (B2B) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C)? How has selling changed?
A key takeaway is that it’s as important to create value during the sale and after the sale; it’s not just your product that does this for customers.
We then examine the importance of identifying your buyers and learn about the Decision Making Unit (DMU).
You only make a sale if you are offer value, but many still concentrate on features rather than beneﬁts. We look at why this hundred year old principle still matters today – and bring it up to date.
We then look at the psychology of buying and how to address obstacles, leaving you with an easy to understand process to draft a compelling sales narrative.
What will I learn?
- the difference between sales and marketing
- the way in which sales have changed over the years
- how you can create value for prospects – and why you should do so
- what we mean by a ‘DMU’ and how to identify its key members
- six easy steps to constructing a sales narrative
- the importance of ‘smarketing’ to your business
You can join our trainers, Justin and Francesca, every Wednesday from 1600-1700 for a ‘radio phone-in’. They’ll be happy to answer your questions about business, as well as offer hints and tips from their experience working with hundreds of SMEs.